Early 20th Century Boardwalk - Beaufort, North Carolina

"Say Good Morning to the World" Nov 2014

A week before 94-year-old Borden Mace died – 21 Nov 2014 – His personal assistant, and friend asked, "What is it that you want people to know about you?"

"That I lived. And not always wisely but I enjoyed taking risks and being adventuresome and doing the unusual. Beware of an ordinary life.  

"There's a nasty rumor going around that I have nothing left to say. Let me put a stop to that right away. There's plenty wrong with the world and I might as well get part of it off my chest. I may not be the sharpest crayon in the box, but I can still color. So get off your ass and create something today. There's too much misery when we could be writing music or performing or just saying good morning world, thanks for coming up today. It's as much as we can do, isn't it? To come alive every day. Just by coming alive every day you demonstrate that life is worth living."

Sunrise in Beaufort Harbor